Go Back   Zmods.org Forums > Feedback & Test Forum > Site Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 12-31-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
jschrauwen
FairladyZ

Car Specs: 90 JDM RHD TT 2+2 5sp, 92 MX3 GS-ZE, 95 MX3 GS, 02 Protege, Ducati TT2
Send a message via MSN to jschrauwen
FS and WTB Rules

Quote:
No more replying to Classifed Ads in the Cars/Parts for sale section and Wanted to buy section. Please if you are interested in a part or car contact the buy through a PM or email the buyer. This is to keep the buyers thread protected and to discourage irrelevent posts in the for Ad by other members. Also buyers be sure to fill out your profile completely you will have 24 hours to correct or complete your profile from the time a first warning to do so is issued by the Admin or Moderators.

Being a new member, I'd like to make it a point to read some of the BB / Forum Rules. When I came upon this I was taken aback. I've never seen this type of approach before and as a Mod on another site, find it very strange to see this departure from the norm. I've always believed that having almost all Buy/Sell transactions transpire within the posts, keeps everything above board, keeps everyone honest, and prevents a bidding war (which is what Ebay is for). It also gives a somewhat brief picture/description of the players involved in the transactions and which I believe is somewhat necessary since all transactions are based on trust. Not being able to see the progress of transactions up front can lead to some very bitter and antagonistic behaviours since all matters transpire behind the scenes and no one can be held accountable for transgressions. I'm thinking that perhaps this BB is fairly new and perhaps if I've missinterpretted the Forum directions, please clarify. I know this is a little odd to use this as my first post on the BB, but I make it a habit of being , honest, up front and open about all of my dealings. I hope that this doesn't rub the Site Admin and Mods the wrong way and it's intention is to educate me (and perhaps others like minded) and to not be confrontational in any way.
There's something not quite right with doing financial transactions through pm's and emails. How do others gauge the reliability, integrity and honesty of the other party's involved in a transaction? What if a deal goes sour? How does the rest of the membership be made aware of possible scammers, or untrustworthy members? Having a cronological progression of a transaction only serves to give the rest of the membership an idea and perhaps a certain comfort factor to persue further Buy and Sell options from certain/other members and perhaps the same when it comes to avoiding suspicious deals. All of these things are something that is very familiar with me being a Mod on MX-3.com. Please accept this query as a positive and constructive means to serve myself and the membership. Cheers,

John
Offline:   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
drewtiss

Re: FS and WTB Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschrauwen
Being a new member, I'd like to make it a point to read some of the BB / Forum Rules. When I came upon this I was taken aback. I've never seen this type of approach before and as a Mod on another site, find it very strange to see this departure from the norm. I've always believed that having almost all Buy/Sell transactions transpire within the posts, keeps everything above board, keeps everyone honest, and prevents a bidding war (which is what Ebay is for). It also gives a somewhat brief picture/description of the players involved in the transactions and which I believe is somewhat necessary since all transactions are based on trust. Not being able to see the progress of transactions up front can lead to some very bitter and antagonistic behaviours since all matters transpire behind the scenes and no one can be held accountable for transgressions. I'm thinking that perhaps this BB is fairly new and perhaps if I've missinterpretted the Forum directions, please clarify. I know this is a little odd to use this as my first post on the BB, but I make it a habit of being , honest, up front and open about all of my dealings. I hope that this doesn't rub my auto parts deal the Site Admin and Mods the wrong way and it's intention is to educate me (and perhaps others like minded) and to not be confrontational in any way.
There's something not quite right with doing financial transactions through pm's and emails. How do others gauge the reliability, integrity and honesty of the other party's involved in a transaction? What if a deal goes sour? How does the rest of the membership be made aware of possible scammers, or untrustworthy members? Having a cronological progression of a transaction only serves to give the rest of the membership an idea and perhaps a certain comfort factor to persue further Buy and Sell options from certain/other members and perhaps the same when it comes to avoiding suspicious deals. All of these things are something that is very familiar with me being a Mod on MX-3.com. Please accept this query as a positive and constructive means to serve myself and the membership. Cheers,

John

I wonder where is this guy now. Anyways, I use to have some doubts towards our local dealers. But now I used to shop online.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
acadianasportscars
Z31 Parts Slinger

Car Specs: 1986 Z31 Turbo
Send a message via AIM to acadianasportscars Send a message via MSN to acadianasportscars Send a message via Yahoo to acadianasportscars

In a somewhat related way, there are no specific rules for posting in the vendors section?

Is this a privilege we must pay for?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
tnkrstoyco
Super Moderator

Car Specs: 93 300zx vert, 05 350AE

Clear it with Chris first.

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries,
it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--
what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain

The R35 GT-R community and 2008 GT-R Nationals host:
NissanGTRclub.com