Thread: $1000 in parts
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #25
JBender

Car Specs: Gold 1990 NA 2+0
My Garage
Send a message via AIM to JBender
Re: $1000 in parts

The steering rack, springs, camber kit, and bushing kit go in Tuesday / Wednesday.

In the mean time, I've been working on finishing off my audio system, and tracking down the engine troubles.

This came in the mail a few days ago:

JL Audio 500/1 amplifier

This will replace my Audiobahn amp, which had more bling that boom. I also removed the Blaupunkt 3-ways from the back, and installed them in the doors. I have a pair of Blaupunkt 2-ways (both pairs are 50W RMS) in the mail, and those will go in the back. All four speakers will be driven by the Alpine V12 amp (50W x 4 RMS) that was under the pass. seat when I bought the car.

The rear speaker removal:

The front 6.5" speaker mounts:

I also replaced a few connectors in the engine bay. First, the #4 injector connector, which took the brunt of the almost-engine fire caused by the fuel leak.

Then I replaced the AAC and FICD connectors, which were long gone, though not melted.

I may have fixed the engine problems, but I'm going to hold off on saying any more until I get a final verdict.
"Purpose of site is to archive Z information. It is found by using search. Same reason you go to a library to read books to research a topic instead of standing in the library lobby shouting your question hoping someone has read the books your answer is in." - LordZ, TT.net
Offline:   Reply With Quote