Thread: $1000 in parts
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 07:41 PM   #12
JBender

Car Specs: Gold 1990 NA 2+0
My Garage
Send a message via AIM to JBender
Re: $1000 in parts

The engine is running almost 100% now. The problem was tracked down to bad O2 sensors (did not throw codes, acted normal in tests, but the hesitation is now gone) and more recently a PTU wire chopped by the power steering belt, killing the spark to cylinder 1. My idle isn't perfect at the moment because I have to replace the ECU coolant sensor and harness, but those parts are on their way.

The parts from Concept Z haven't shippped yet, so I've been occupying myself with other (inexpensive) things on the Z. Besides finally installing the battery tie-down I've had in my garage forever, I also moved the hatch latch down a little bit and killed the rattle. Also freshened up my rear calipers:

Before -

After -

I am also cleaning up and painting the rear rotors (already painted the front ones yesterday, and they came out well). In the mean time, I am trying my hand at refinishing the wheels, as the stock finish has been toast for a while:

I'll be in Texas the next few days for college transfer orientation, so the work will resume once I get back.
"Purpose of site is to archive Z information. It is found by using search. Same reason you go to a library to read books to research a topic instead of standing in the library lobby shouting your question hoping someone has read the books your answer is in." - LordZ, TT.net
Offline:   Reply With Quote