PDA

View Full Version : a couple of general/tech type questions

tebriel
05-25-2006, 11:20 PM
hey guys, in hopes of being flamed slightly less here than on 3zc, and tt.net for sure, i'm posting here :)

couple questions that come to mind. People always get upset it seems when someone asks about bov's, but how do people compensate for the lost air? Next, does anyone replace the MAF sensor with some sort of MAP sensor conversion? Also, i've read all the na-tt swap threads, all the tech articles. Beyond the obvious differences between the 2 cars, and the differences internal engine wise, what's left? Are their any components besides the oil cooler, rad, IC's, water pump and like PS pump that are different?

:dunce:
-teb

93daytona
05-26-2006, 12:06 AM
hmmm - A while back russell posted a complete list of every difference between the na's and TT's over on tt.net. Let me see if I can find it

Bingo:)

http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=general&msg_id=1683542&words=na%3a%3att%3a%3adifferences

M4LFUNCT10N
05-26-2006, 01:27 AM
You will run a more rich condition with BOV's, but it will be only for an instant. They are only needed I believe when you run over 450HP. The stock recirc. valves will work for most people just fine.

tebriel
05-26-2006, 10:40 AM
daytona, thanks for the link, for some reason when i found that post, it was only half there. That's super helpful. Malfunction, I'm probably goign to be shooting for 600 to the wheels when I start my build, hopefully later this summer. I'm just concerned that the blip of richness will cause enough of a misfire at shift that'll screw up the power. :) I know that other turbo cars that come MAF from the factory have MAP conversions, not sure if there's anything like that for the z32 though.
thanks guys!
teb