PDA

View Full Version : Z meet tomorrow......

canyoncarver
05-21-2006, 01:32 AM
Wow, an evening with no posts. :confused:

I got my car all nice and cleaned up for another week. Tomorrow, in the morning, a fellow Z'er is gonna bring his car up and we're gonna install some new BOV's. Hopefully we'll be all finished in a coupla hours and we'll head out through the canyons to the LAZ32 meet in Arcadia.

Hopefully some of the guys that like to drive will show up and we'll go up our favorite canyon road. It always makes for interesting conversation when we hang out after doing a cruise.

Last time up there a few weeks ago, I came around a corner and to my surprise there's a toyota matrix sitting in the middle of the next corner. As I approached, hard on the brakes, I see a kid and his g/f sitting off to the side in the dirt. The front of the car was pretty hammered. They looked o.k. and with some other Z'zzz coming up hot on my a$$,, I figured I'd move on. As I roll into the next corner, this frickin civic comes flying around in my lane. Needless to say, he was like WOOOOOSHHHHHIIIIITTTTT more than I was. I only had this image of him going around the next corner, bouncing off the matrix and crashing into the other guys coming up. Right behind the civic was a line of cars. I noticed a coupla 240's, a supra, a evo and a z32 to name a few. After we all gathered up at the top of the hill, this civic comes back up revving his motor and stuff. Two guys get out to chat, and they say the guy in the matrix actually rolled it over. The guys eye our cars over and then take off up this other nice twisty road that goes for about 20 miles or so. After a coupla minutes I had this urge to take off after that civic just to see if I could catch him. Then I thought the better of it. I wasn't gonna lower myself to chasing down a civic, plus this road is kinda hairy. It's narrow, tight and rocky and some of the kids I was with tend to spin out when they're trying to keep up with me.

So I'm looking forward to tomorrow and more adventures.......

TurboKaren512
05-22-2006, 02:03 AM
what kind of BOVs are you going with?

canyoncarver
05-22-2006, 09:18 AM
I have a n/a. I put some Turbo XS RFL's on a friends TT. They're pretty loud at 12 psi with 5 washers installed. Ended up having to fix a coupla boost leaks and replace some leaking fuel lines too.

Spyder Z 15
05-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Who's TT was it?

ZMANZ32TT
05-22-2006, 11:10 AM
RFLs are really loud

freakonaleash1187
05-22-2006, 12:20 PM
sounds like fun, i have always wanted to drive on a mountain road.