PDA

View Full Version : Finally.

JBender
06-02-2006, 11:52 PM
I took apart my IAA tonight in an effort to track down my hesitation / slight misfire / inconsistent idle / loss of power. I cleaned everything out with WD-40 and some towels, and also used a file to scrape the contacts clean, both on the IAC and the AAC. Put it back together, went for a drive...

Idle: 700.
Misfire: Didn't hear any.
Hesitation: Hesi-what?
Loss of power: Naturally aspirated power.

Completely responsive at the low end of the gears, just rips through first and second.

After replacing the detonation sensor, spark plugs, timing belt, 3 new injectors, every coolant hose, vacuum hose, fuel line, gasket, and clamp in the upper and lower intakes, adjusting the timing, replacing coil pack connectors, endless troubleshooting...

...my Z feels a little more like a Z.

Up next: replace the rear main seal, install Energy Susp. bushing kit, new steering rack, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, steering u-joint, 300 Degree camber kit (all ordered from Coz and should be on its way).

freakonaleash1187
06-03-2006, 11:44 AM
hm, i might have to do that, clean the IAA. i am having slight hesitation.

93daytona
06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
I think I might give that a shot. Lately my idle has been very inconsistant, and occasionally it stumbles and almost stalls

JBender
06-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Blah, it's back today.

F' this.

93daytona
06-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Well I just cleaned mine tonight. I had a spare IAA from my spare engine laying around, so I cleaned it up, cleaned the sensor contacts, and swapped it. Smoooooooth idle, and I think the hesitation eased up a bit.

edit : after driving her for the weekend, I must say DAMN it's running good. Idle's smoother than it has in probably the past year, great gas mileage, and get this: pulling onto I-95 from the shoulder tonght, I chirped going into 2nd :) Havent' done that since I was at cecil county on a 32degree track(granted my clutch is a bit work, but still). I'm a happy man

diflictedminds
06-07-2006, 08:11 PM
IAA and IAC? hmm thank you for posting this bender!