PDA

View Full Version : ok, heres the thing

strikeone33
05-10-2006, 11:55 PM
i can either buy a NA z this summer or wait till next year and buy a TT. I'm a huge z fan and have been researching them for a little over a year now. I plan on having it for many years and upgrading it along the way. My problem is i can't decide between buying a TT or buying a NA and doin a swap, then if I do the swap should i get a 2+0 or 2+2. It will be mainly for street use unless i find a way to get on a road race track. I am/will be a mechanic and I'm not afraid of the difficulties of the swap. Either way when im done it will be a highly modified Z. What would you do? Any and all input is welcome.

diflictedminds
05-11-2006, 12:14 AM
well imho i would buy the na. it is reliable and wont give you much trouble. if you can take care of the na then step it up with a TT later down the road. As far as 2+0 or 2+2. i would say 2+2 bc you have so much more room to put crap in. You dont have to have it flying around in the back like in a 2+0. oh and if you dont get a 5spd, i know where you live....

strikeone33
05-11-2006, 12:23 AM
5 speed is a must! I did think that if i got the NA i could get experience driving it while upgrading the suspention and brakes, and then doing a swap. And since my daily driver is a truck any car will feel sporty next to that

diflictedminds
05-11-2006, 12:39 AM
na is a nice car. i have one. you have a great idea. upgrading brakes and suspension then swap. if your gonna be a mech it wont be very difficult to do the swap, if not then itll still be some experience under your belt.

freakonaleash1187
05-11-2006, 08:19 AM
if you can wait another year, wait for the TT, unless you really want to have a 2+2 TT.